Our client, a relatively new name within the mortgage lending sector, are currently recruiting for a Secured / 2nd Charge Underwriter to join the Operations team and play a key role in continuing the growth of the mortgage portfolio.
The role holder will be responsible for assessing individual 2nd charge cases as well as ultimately providing guidance and counsel to less experienced underwriters as the company grows.
All decisions will need to be made within regulatory standards, aligned with business needs and deliver to the lending risk strategy. The role holder will have regular contact with intermediaries and will be expected to deliver first class service to the intermediary market.
· Maintaining an up to date working knowledge of products and services
· Ensuring proper records are maintained throughout all stages of the 2nd charge application process
· Approving 2nd charge applications within specified limits in accordance with the Lending Policy
· Providing guidance for mortgage advisors/brokers, ensuring a unified approach to lending
· Considering 2nd charge applications outside standard lending policy where a justifiable business reason exists
· Maintaining professional business relationships with mortgage introducers and external contacts
· Assisting in implementing changes to mortgage rates, products and lending strategy
· Providing underwriting training for other staff members
The successful candidate will have extensive 2nd charge underwriting experience, and ideally be CeMap (or equivalent) qualified.