Our client, a successful specialist lender based in Central London, are currently recruiting for an experienced Development Finance Underwriter with a background in commercial development. The successful candidate will underwrite approved development and bridging loan applications within company lending criteria and within personal lending mandate.
· Successfully assess and underwrite loan applications in line with prevailing credit policy
· Creation and maintenance of professional and open relationship with business providers
· Identification of incomplete or contradictory information received and successful resolution of risk and/or issue
· Recommends loans to the Underwriting Manager and Credit Team where they fall outside of the lending mandate held
· Does so with clarity and good judgment
· Participates in and contributes to departmental meetings including making suggestions to improve processes or (where applicable) amend policy
· Demonstrates a full understanding of regulation as it affects loans and keeps abreast of potential/actual
Skills and Experience required:
· Minimum 2 years recent underwriting experience within a specialist lending sector is essential (to include holding a lending mandate)
· Development underwriting experience is essential
· Hands-on knowledge of loan processing systems.
· Knowledge of regulation as it affects bridging loans and
proven ability to implement those principles throughout the underwriting process.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Reasoning ability – problem solving, maturity of judgement.
· Self-management – initiative, flexibility, management of change.