£45k - £50k
Every employer is not the same and WHO you work for and what that environment looks like is the difference between ANY job and a GREAT job.
At Newbury Building Society, we really do believe that we are different...here’s why....
- We are mutual - we are owned by the people who save and borrow with us
- We strive every day to make their experience better - we believe wholeheartedly in putting the customer first
- We are fully committed to the personal development of our people
- We provide a working environment where our staff can achieve a positive work life balance
- We work with our communities, supporting local charities and community projects
- We are winners of British Bank Awards for our outstanding products and service
If all the above makes you think we could be your next great employer, all you need to apply is to be:
- A fully qualified accountant, who enjoys the analytical side of accounting and wants to learn some new skills
- A positive person with a can-do attitude and excellent excel skills
As part of a small, close-knit finance team, managing a full time Finance Officer, you will support the Finance Director with:
- Liquidity - maintaining a detailed cash-flow forecast and using this for stress testing purposes
- Interest rate risk – taking the lead with the Society’s hedge accounting
- Counterparty management - with the Finance Director determining the optimum composition of liquidity assets and effect trades of liquidity assets
- Control Environment - supporting the annual external audit and other internal audits
- Risk Champion – managing risk events within the business area (horizon scanning, event reporting etc.)
- Regulatory requirements – maintaining appropriate accounting standards, for PRA and FCA
If you are a qualified accountant, who is keen to be part of an established, growing business, then we would love to hear from you.