IT Technical Specialist – 12 month fixed term contract
We are looking for an IT Technical Specialist to manage support for a series of business critical software upgrade projects. In addition, we will be undertaking a full refurbishment of our Newbury Head Office, which will involve a complete IT infrastructure re-work.
You will have the opportunity to provide technical expertise in all IT related aspects of the office refurb, for example, networking, corporate Wi-fi and SCCM deployment.
With support from our IT team, you will ensure that the highest level of security is maintained across all IT systems during the transitional work.
You will be the point of technical advice for the IT Manager for security and deployment of best practise approaches for Office 365, Azure, and all other relevant projects.
Essential criteria for the role are:
- A Level equivalent standard of education
- SCCM configuration
- HP Layer 3 Switch management
- Corporate Wi-fi deployment and configuration
- Large scale project deployment experience
- Azure/Cloud security best practices
- VOIP/SIP Telephony
- Print management deployment
- Previous experience in a helpdesk / desktop support role
- Ability to lift and move computer equipment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills with a flexible, can do approach and able to explain issues in a non-technical manner
- Ability to see the bigger picture in terms of how actions can affect other parts of the business
- Takes ownership of tasks and manages priorities to meet required deadlines
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Securing a network infrastructure
Desirable criteria for the role are:
- BTEC, HND, HNC or similar IT qualification
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Certification
- PRINCE 2 Foundation
- MSCE azure certification
- Telephony migration experience
- Follow me print configuration
- Previous experience in the Financial services industry
This is a full time role, working 9am- 5pm, Monday to Friday
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000 based on skills and experience.
Closing date: 18 January 2019
Interviews: 28th January 2019