Senior ICT Technician (Networks/Servers)
We are looking for a Senior ICT Technician (Networks/Servers) to manage support for the society’s ICT systems so that the Society can deliver an excellent level of service to our customers, both internally and externally.
Within this role you will develop the Society’s IT systems and services to meet our current and future business requirements.
You will work closely with internal customers, providing technical expertise across the business. You will also have the opportunity to be involved in a range of projects.
You will be involved in the Society’s migration to Cloud and will have the opportunity to play a key role in future projects around the use of more cloud-based and collaborative tools.
Essential criteria for the role are:
- A Level equivalent standard of education
- Microsoft Server 2016 experience and Windows 10 Admin
- ITIL V3 certification or significant customer facing support desk experience
- Previous experience in a helpdesk / desktop support role
- Team leading experience or ICT project delivery experience
- Cloud deployment
- Windows deployment configuration tools
- Networking (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, LAN/WAN)
- Full valid driving licence, as site visits are required
- Ability to lift and move computer equipment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Motivating and supportive to others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills with a flexible, can do approach and able to explain issues in a non-technical manner
- Ability to see the bigger picture in terms of how actions can affect other parts of the business
- Takes ownership of tasks and manages priorities to meet required deadlines
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Securing a network infrastructure
Desirable criteria for the role are:
- BTEC, HND, HNC or similar IT qualification
- Experience of supporting Windows Server O/S, Windows Desktop O/S. Microsoft Exchange
- MS SQL Certification
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCSA/MCITP/MCSE) CompTIA Network+ CompTIA Server+
- System Center Configuration Manger
- Office 365 and Azure deployments
- Previous experience in the Financial services industry
This is a full time role, working 9am- 5pm, Monday to Friday
Plus 1 in 4 Saturdays 8.30-12.30
Starting salary: £36,203, rising to £40,226 once fully competent in the role.
Closing date: 10 January 2019
Interviews: 14 / 16 January 2019