Our client is a very successful niche mortgage lender who are looking to add to their Product team by recruiting a Product Analyst & Implementation Manager. The main purpose of the role will be to own the delivery of their mortgage products onto internal systems and the external market, working closely with Treasury to support pricing and product mix information with accurate input into, and joint development of pricing models. You will also be heavily involved with collating market / competitor / economic / feedback / research data and translating into actionable insights.
This is a key role in a small and flexible proposition and product function, a chance to really contribute and make a difference to the company.
The principle duties are:
- Responsible for product release process, rigorously following procedures, ensuring all impacted departments are accountable and deliver efficiently and on-time.
- Constantly look for improvements and efficiencies in product implementation or systems developments to be quicker to market.
- Accurate and up to date competitor and market analysis with changes flagged promptly to help mitigate performance deterioration. Use Excel knowledge (or databases) to automate and simplify where possible.
- Work with New Business Operations and the wider department to understand key customer and intermediary metrics (e.g. feedback, NPS, ease etc).
- Link up with peers and other departments (e.g. MI, credit, risk, treasury) to aggregate information to help improve and deliver better management information and reports. Drive the product team MI.
- Build constructive partnerships with Sales & Marketing, across the firm, and externally with 3rdparty providers and intermediaries. Work closely with Marketing to ensure all intermediary facing literature and website are accurate (and assist with materials for roadshows, mailshots, exhibitions etc).
- Initiate research and engage intermediaries and the sales team regularly to ensure their input and advice is incorporated into our proposition and objectives. Assist Head of Products in the development of new strategic relationships.
- Help monitor mortgage ranges and intermediary performance quality (e.g. conversion rates, loan delinquency, mix etc) with the credit, finance and risk functions.
- Be the expert point of contact for criteria and product enquiries.
- Engage with Treasury on numerate tasks around pricing models, metrics, and opportunities to improve yield and return on equity.
Ideally you will be/have:
- At least 2-years’ experience of collating complex market or research information, summarising and writing succinct and accurate outputs.
- Numerate, ability to be accurate with MI and metrics, and significant attention to detail.
- Experience within a Financial Services product team, managing product releases and 3rd parties would be of significant advantage.
- Experience of working within a mortgage lending or distribution businesses
- Project management experience would be beneficial